Monday 21 April 2014

It's difficult

As a last-year of school student, I addmit that this is difficult. I've always been a good student and I've got really good marks, so don't judge me like a lazy school girl and read what I have to say.



This year has been specially stressful and it has surprised me because I didn't expect the year to be like this. Many friends had warned me before starting my last year, that this would be the worst of my life, that any of them would ever want to redo it again even if they payed them. But I thought that they were saying nonosense and that my last year wouldn't be that bad as they'd told me. 

Since the first day all our teachers haven't stopped repeating us that we had to do our best because in some months we would have to face one of the most important exams of our life. In Spain all the last year students are prepared to take an examan (Selectivitat) of what they have learned and in three days we go to a university an take from 5 to 8 exams depending on what degree would you like to apply. 

In my case I'm going to take Philosophy, Geography, Maths, Spanish, Catalan, English and Economy. Lately I've been informed that a private university I applied for has given me an scholarship so next year I'm going to be studying there. For this reason many of my classmates think that now I don't need to study that much.. but the truth is that I want to get 9/10 in Selectivitat so the university increases my scholarship.

Although I really want to be focused and that I want to study harder than ever, it's getting more difficult as the weeks pass. The distractions are really big, I'm a Tumblr obsessed, I love watching series, I wanted to start this blog, I'm preparing a trip with my friend this summer, I want to learn how to play an ukulele, I want to excercice more, ...

So many thing and so few time... Anyway I think this is by far the most horrible year I've ever gone though because I've had to decide my future (which is a lot of extra pressure), everyone is stressed and because I get frustrated when I don't get the results I want and I know this is my last chance

Well If everyone is or is going to be in a similar situation, I recommend you to try to do your best, like everynight think about what you have done and have the purpose to do it better the day after


My tips for you are:
  • Ask your friends for help if you don't understand something because for sure they'll be pleased to help you
  • If you feel like you're under a big pressure, do more sport and try to go out with some friends. But the most important thing is to tell how you feel to your parents, teachers and friends
  • Try to make plans for the summer to be more motivated for studying
  • Organize your days, it's really important to keep a daily schedule and try to accomplish it. 
  • Don't ever give up on studying because you'll probably regret later. Seriously, this is only going to last some months and you can do it


Comment down below what you think about your school year so far and let me know if these tips have been useful for you
Love, 
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you are under so much pressure! I hope everything goes great for you. Don't stress too much about tests! :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Thank you very much!! hahhaha i hope so...
      Ps. You've made my day with this!! You're the first one to read this (or at least the first to write a comment) so another time thank you very much!! <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...